Sunday, October 11, 2009

Intro

Hello all! (e.g. nobody, but oh well ...) This is my little blogspot specifically for NaNo '09. I'll be posting my words for the day along with whatever random insanity I want to bore you with as soon as November rolls around. Until then, I'll be posting erratically with the status on outlining.

This year, I've just about decided to write a satire/comedy/trippy fantasy pastiching all things RPG and classic fantasy. When Main Character, the heir apparent to a tiny, as-yet-unnamed country, has all his pants transformed into kilts by a visiting Overlord, and is subsequently humiliated as a consequence, he sets out on an epic journey to revenge himself upon this Overlord. Along the way, he acquires an adventuring party by the sheer force of his charisma, including Someone, the adoring elf minstrel, a cutout-toting Librarian, and Lord Squigglebottom Fancypants, the handsome, incontinent vampire. Also starring Gerald, the chain-smoking, monocle and hat wearing lolrus. The best part is I actually have a plot that attempts to explain this all.

This novel would not be possible without the Dares thread in the NaNoWriMo forums. The plot is based on dares from last year's amazing thread.

Right now, outlining is in its nascent stages. I am in the process of putting every dare on a notecard for easy access. It's going ... slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment